Sunday, April 14, 2013

WHoot! I got a food plan!

We in the addiction recovery process don't use the word "diet" for obvious reasons. We call what you eat a meal plan or food plan. It should be simple and easy to follow. You should enjoy and not dread eating it. So my dear friend Chalyce helped me to come up with a food plan that works for me.

It is basically clean eating, which I did a few years ago and actually was wildly successful. (I stopped because I was sabotaging my efforts in success).

Whole real foods! I have been doing it for a few days and I love it just as much as I did the first time. I feel fuller longer, have more energy, and feel better.

I basically have protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs (still limiting my "bready" Carbs) at each meal. Example yogurt-protein, nuts-healthy fats, Fruit-carbs.

So simple, no calories to obsess over. totally doable!!! WHOOT!!!

I know the lord is helping tremendously with my cravings and "Head Hunger". It is amazing how much different this is now that I have given him my weakness and turned my will to his. God is so so good. It isn't always easy, but I know that I can do great things with him.

No comments: