Monday, April 8, 2013

Serving Others

So I have a friend who's baby is in the hospital and I know from experience how hard that is. I also know how hard it is to be a patient in the hospital either for having a baby or a long term stay. I was trying to think of what I could do for her while she is at the hospital for awhile. Here are a few Ideas I had based on my own experience of being there. You could definitely do this also for someone who just came home from a hospital stay or is sick.

1. Chapstick!! You don't remember to bring these essentials seriously! This is my favorite Bath and Body mint lip gloss. Not sticky, tastes great, Lots of flavors!


2.Plain old lotion! You seriously get so dry!! I like the thick stuff.


3. Hand sanitizer- hospitals are DIRTY!!! Germs, they don't mop often, Bodily stuff YUCK!


4.Books, movies, magazines, word searches and coloring books- yes I colored when I was in the hospital!! It gets BORING!!!


5. Notecards- I always wished I had something to write a note for exceptional nurses. You often only see them one shift and want to thank them.


6. Fuzzy Socks and Slippers to wear walking around.- BELIEVE me hospital socks are gross. Also you don't want the socks you wore walking around IN YOUR BED!


 

7.Pen and Notebook- Again it is BORING and you can NEVER find a pen!



8. Shower kit-Sometimes you forget to take care of yourself while in the hospital. Make a little kit with Shampoo, Conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, body pouf etc. deodorant and a razor!!!


9. Lunch- Hospital food is gross. Bring them a Café Rio Salad, Sandwich, even make something from home....Anything is better!!



10. Snacks- You get food three times a day in the hospital. You need snacks!!!


Things you can do for them
1. Paint their nails
2. Listen to them
3. Do their hair or makeup
4. Ask if they need anything
5. Offer to help at home- kids, laundry, meals etc.
6. Just brush their hair or rub their feet
7. Offer words of encouragement
8. Bring them a kind caring note
9. Just go visit. Lots of people stay away, but VISITORS are Vital!!!
10. Make them laugh. Laughter is the best medicine!!