Thursday, April 11, 2013

LIVE it!

I got this off Facebook. It is what my goal is....

Photo: Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; Before you tell me how much you love your God, show me how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it by your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I am not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give. Cory Booker

If you preach hate, intolerance, and exclusion, I am not interested in learning anymore about your religion. If you preach violence, treat women as possessions, believe in honor killings, and the like, I am not interested in learning anything about your so-called prophet or sacred book.

I will respect your right to live by any religion you choose, that is, up until the point that it starts to interfere with the rights of others who choose not to live by the man-made rules of your religion. When your religion tries to run roughshod over people who choose to live their life a different way, then I no longer have any respect for your religion or those who believe in its teachings.

In the end, it is pretty simple. You live your life as you want, but respect the rights of other people to do the same. Remember the Golden Rule, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. The Golden Rule is found in all religions throughout the world, stated in one way or another, but unfortunately it is practiced by very few religious practitioners.

If you don't want others coming to your house to tell you how you should live - don't go to their house and tell them how they should live. If you don't want others insulting you and demanding that you change your beliefs - don't do that to other people. Your actions speak louder than your words. Live your life as you will, and respect others enough to allow them to do the same. Bohdi Sanders ~ Wisdom of the Elders

Signed copies of Wisdom of the Elders are available on http://thewisdomwarrior.com/ and Wisdom of the Elders is also available on Amazon.com at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1937884031

Live so that those who know you, but don't know him, will want to know him because they know you!

No comments: