Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy New Month!! It's April!!

So I have been working and reworking my meal plan (it's not a diet).  The low carb thing wasn't cutting it...AT ALL!

Sure I lost weight, but the obsessions were outta control, I was grumpy, tired, and well there were bodily problems....

ANYWAY, I have been simplifying and going back to basics. I am still doing lower carb, and high protein. Just not NO carb....

Calories in VS. Calories out.

Make smarter choices

No Carbs past 5 pm

LOTS OF WATER!!!

It is WORKING! I don't obsess about food. I choose my food for the week and let it be.

I try to be grateful for whatever I am eating and the fact that I have choices in food.

Here are some favorites I have found lately


Luna Protein Bars
These are tasty!!! A lot of Protein bars are GROSS! I have tried them all. These are really good 12 grams of protein and around 170 calories. I eat these for a quick lunch alongside some cottage cheese, veggies and hummus. YUM!


Peter Pan WHIPPED peanut butter.

I LOVE peanut butter! LOVE IT! This peanut butter is WHIPPED so it has less calories and sugar!! WHOOT! 2 TBSP is 150 calories. That is a savings of 50 calories VS regular peanut butter. It may not seem much of a savings, but those 50 calories ADD UP!!! If you saved just 150 calories a day, you would lose a pound and a quarter in one month!!! That is 15 lbs IN A YEAR!!!! Just by saving a few calories a day!!!



Carbmaster Yogurt (found only at Smiths and Kroger and Ralphs)
Low sugar 3grams, High Protein 12 grams, and 60 calories PER CONTAINER!!!
I was doing Greek Yogurt, but honestly it always still tasted like sour cream to me. Plus it is PRICEY!!! And even Plain greek yogurt has 7 grams of sugar in it. The lowest also was still 100 calories per container and at $1.00 per yogurt (even on sale) It wasn't that wonderful! These little babies are 40 cents each!!! Saving calories and money! Holla!!


Special K Flat bread sandwiches.

I have tried all these flavors. I will be honest, I only like the cheese and Egg one. The others the meat gets hard and isn't all that tasty. Yes I could make this sandwich on my own, but it is so easy to just pop it in the microwave. These are tasty and Quick. You could add your own deli meat, Turkey sausage or veggies if you REALLY wanted. Sometimes I add some tomato or guacamole. I pair this with a yogurt, and half a banana or a clementine for a yummy breakfast. 180 calories, 9 grams of protein, and 16 net carbs.


Muscle Milk LIGHT 100 calorie shakes
I love these protein shakes for on the go snacks! I only drink liquid between meals, and sometimes Water just isn't cutting it! I need something MORE! These are 100 calories, 15 grams of Protein, and 0 grams of sugar. I feel full after this and they are pretty tasty. Kind pricey $1.25 or so per shake. I like the chocolate and the vanilla.  I love these after a workout too to rebuild those muscles!!



  Weight Watchers String cheese.
I love these. They come in regular, jalepeno, smoked, and Colby. They are 50 calories and 6 grams of protein. I use these to bulk up the protein in a meal but save calories. YUM!

What are your favorite new finds???

No comments: