Friday, March 22, 2013

Teaching by example


Pinned Image



I have become MUCH more aware that children learn MUCH more by what you do then from what you say.

I have become more aware to think about what I am teaching them through my actions. They learn what is important and good behaviors by what they see me do. I know they will remember how they felt much more then what I have said to them

If I want them to clean up, I have to clean up.

If I want them to read their scriptures, pray, stay close to the lord, then I have to show them that is important.

If I want them to eat good food, I certianly can't beg them to eat fruits and veggies and then leave them off my plate.

If I want them to know that exersice is important, then they must see me take care of my body.

If I want them to stop yelling and listen to me, I need to stop yelling and listen to them.

As a parent I know I will mess up and make mistakes, but as of today it is my goal to be a better example and not a "do as I say not as I do" kind of parent.

This is another blaring example to me as to how immature and selfish I was acting in life.

Good thing there is always the opportunity to start over!

No comments: