Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's Up Wednesday!?

So I mentioned a few weeks ago that we hiked Mt. Timp. It was such an amazing experience! Since we got married, Rob has been asking me to do this hike. I always LAUGHED and said are you kidding??? I hiked this beast once when I was 8 or 9 with my family. I HATED IT! I wanted to go home the whole time! I remember just loathing the whole experience! I never wanted to do it again and couldn't understand when people said they wanted to do it. So, last year as I was getting serious about getting healthy, I told Rob I would hike it this year for his birthday. I thought it would be a worthy goal to work up to. If you haven't had the pleasure of doing this hike, it is HARD! It is straight up the mountain on switch backs that have no side rail to keep you from PLUMMETING to your death. I was dreading taking two babies and myself up this trail! As we started, I promise you I wanted to give up! At the 1/4 marker I wanted to sit down and tell Rob I would wait at the bench for them! I then told myself, You are Strong Annie! You can do this! I don't care how long it takes, how many rests you have to take, you are making it to the top! I would express gratitude for a strong body that was able to be under such pressure. I was grateful for the beauty of nature. I learned from that mountain that I can do hard things. That with the Lord's help I can do anything. I was PRAYING in stress, praying for help, praying with gratitude and most of all Praying to give thanks for my amazing Husband. Not only did he hike the mountain, he did it with Sawyer strapped to his chest, Ava on his shoulders and our backpack on his back. He was looking out for me and my comfort. All the while SINGING and Smiling! This is why I love Rob! In the face of adversity he is happy, joyful and lifting others. He has very little care for his own comfort. I learned so many valuable things on the hike that day. My Father in Heaven is aware of me. He sends beauty all around us to help us through the hard things. Even though it was hard I couldn't ignore the BEAUTY all around me. The cool breeze when I thought I would pass out. The shady spots the I made my destination markers. My WONDERFUL companion that inspires me to keep moving forward, believes in me and loves me. I am grateful for this experience! No I don't want to hike it again anytime soon! My LEGS were on FIRE for the next three days!!!

No comments: