Thursday, July 25, 2013

FOODDD~

So I have some amazing yummy simple recipes tonight!!! Eating healthy doesn't in fact shouldn't be hard! It is easy and so tasty when you eat REAL WHOLE food!!! Cut the garbage!

If you know me you know I LOVE BARS!!! They are convenient, and easy. I have tried A LOT! Trying to find one that is natural and without a bunch of weird junk is pretty hard. They are either weird textured, chalky, or EXPENSIVE! I found two I LOVED but at $2.50 a bar I was going broke!!! I found a recipe to make my own. Tweaked it and now I present Honey Bars

Honey Bars

1 cup oats
1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
 1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
2 TBSP Chia seeds
1 tsp (or more to taste) of Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together. Divide into 7 equal parts and shape into bars (crumbliness goes away when you start to shape into a bar). Store in ziploc bags in the fridge or freezer.
Nutrition: 241 calories, 13 g protein, 21 carbs pair this with a half a piece of fruit (apple, Banana, orange etc.) for a great pre workout Meal!!!


Cucumber Sub
Make a sub sandwich with a cucumber instead of bread... just cut your cucumber lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and insert your sandwich ingredients of choice… SUPER EASY!!!
...
Laughing cow cheese, diced pepper/spring onion, low fat cheese, shredded cheese and low fat turkey/ham would be perfect!! 

Over Night Oats-310 calories


1/2 cup old fashion oats
1/2 cup frozen berries
 1/2 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop designer whey ( or other 100 calorie) protein powder
All put in a jar or bowl the night before. Eat in the morning warm or cold.

Try these! SO easy!!!


No comments: