Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How Jazzercise changed my life

Anyone who knows me knows I have struggled to lose weight my whole life!

It has defiantly been my biggest trial and challenge.

I envisioned the healthy Annie and KNEW it was attainable, I just needed things to click.

This process for me has taken MUCH longer than I expected.

It has not been easy or simple.

I have felt like a failure a lot.

I kept reminding myself it took Thomas Edison THOUSANDS of failures to get it right and FINALLY invent the light bulb.

I knew NO MATTER WHAT, I was NOT GIVING UP.

I was not going to stop until I found what worked.

When I am going to win something or something is right, I get butterflies in my tummy and I just KNOW it is the right thing.

I heard about Jazzercise back in 2009, (I can't believe it has been that long!)

My friend Heather won a weight loss contest doing Jazzercise (and some other serious work).

I thought it sounded like fun. I assumed it was like Hooked on aerobics so I dismissed it as an option.

It kept gnawing at me though.

I bought a video. I LAUGHED at the awkwardness and turned it off.

The gnawing didn't go away.

I kept making excuses. I have a gym membership, they have classes at the gym, I am not coordinated, I can't do that.

Then this spring my gym membership was FINALLY up.

As I thought about my options as far as exercise went, I KNEW I needed fun, structure, and  I DID NOT want to go to a gym.

I have LOTS of workout videos, but I get bored and turn them off.

I love "Dance Club" Music.

I would run if my body could do it, and am working toward that goal, but running wasn't the answer at this time.

I felt it burning inside me that Jazzercise was the answer.

As soon as we got back from Disneyland I knew what I needed to do.

I was SO SCARED that day driving up to the rec center.

I could feel that this was my answer and I was scared as to what that meant.

NO MORE EXCUSES

CHANGE WAS HAPPENING

I was LITERALLY turning the door to my new life.

My hands were shaking as I turned the doorknob.

I felt like I was going to throw up.

The fat girl inside was trying to tell me every excuse as to why I should turn around and leave.

I ignored her :)

I went inside and I knew this was it. This was where my journey would evolve to the next level.

The teacher was darling with a HUGE smile on her face.

The music was awesome.

I was keeping up.

My eyes welled up. My heart swelled. I KNEW this was it.

I was so happy.

Since then Jazzercise has given me so much.

Confidence

Strength

Endurance

Joy

I can do things I never thought I could do

I keep up

I am more limber

I am gaining tone and definition

I am meeting new friends

I am excited to workout every day.

I have endorphins like crazy.

I feel good about myself

I feel accomplished

I want to make good food choices

I LOVE my workout

I leave SO SWEATY

I am building strength

Most of all, I am changing my life.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

awesome! have you tried your videos of it yet too? where do you think the best classes are? sounds fun.

The Skinny on Staci said...

Thanks for being an encouragement to me so often! :) I'm glad you have found jazzercise and love it! Sadly, I stick with walking because my knees just can't handle the strain of most other activities. I wish I could find a women-only water aerobics class again like I went to 10 years ago. I loved that, and it's easy on my knees. Yay for you for keeping on until you found what clicked for ya. :)