Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Motherhood Realities

I dreamed of being a mother my WHOLE life. I played babies and house all day long. I daydreamed of baby names, playdates, lessons, chore charts, house decorations, etc. I prayed and prayed I would have my dream. What I never considered was the REALITY of motherhood. Constant messes to cleanup, fights to referee, folding laundry only to find it strewn about the floor, serving beautiful healthy meals that end up in the garbage, trying to make a phone call only to be intrupted by blood curdling screams in the background, losing who I am in the constant quest to survive the day, The MAJOR lack of sleep and ability to function, veiwing a shower a luxury that mostly doesn't happen until 4 in the afternoon, wondering how the heck I am going to get on top of the housework that never ends, finding time to connect with my husband, and trying to find quiet time to read scriptures and connect. I love my children, I thought I was ready and prepared for this job. I feel like I am going NUTS most days. I know they will only be little once and I am trying to stay present and live in the moment. I have to be honest though. THIS IS HARD WORK!!!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Amen sista!!! I'm right here in the trenches with ya. We can do this!